Saturday, March 07, 2009

Price skimming strategies revealed

I'm sure you've read my thoughts about John Reese's Traffic Secrets -- and you know I'm not a big fan of his...

... But I'm the first to admit that some of the ways Reese launched his course impressed me.

Reese employed a pricing strategy called price skimming. It's a tactic that sets a relatively high price for a product or service upon launch. And as time goes on, the price is lowered until it reaches a fair market level.

For example, hardcover books are initially priced high, then lowered as they're republished as a paperback.

Is price skimming a good strategy for your product or service? Don't even think about setting prices 'til you read... Read more...

If you're a longtime subscriber, you know this daily newsletter is all about nifty marketing methods to help grow your business.

But some of the ideas I've stumbled upon don't make the cut... from a marketing perspective that is.

That's why I've jumped on the bandwagon and now publish my non-marketing ideas on Google's new Blog service.

You might pay close attention to the each day's titles, content, and link structure.... they're designed to attract an amazing amount of visitors to my Websites within days (or even hours) of posting each day's entry. I'll reveal how I use a blog to put my marketing on autopilot in the upcoming weeks.

Okay, here's my new blog Web address... enjoy it:... Read more...

The most successful people I know have at least this one thing in common...

... They plan ahead and budget their time with the aid of a marketing calendar.

Over the last few weeks, I've been tweaking my 5-week marketing calendar template and it's yours to steal and use for yourself at... Read more...

No comments: